Top Rated Sellers Provide High Level of Service
Top-rated eBay sellers consistently provide the best buying experiences to their customers. As a Top-rated eBay seller they must meet the following performance requirements:
- sellers need to consistently sell a significant volume of items
- provide a high level of service to their buyers
- maintain a positive Feedback score
- meet the requirements for Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs)
- meet eBay Buyer Protection standards
- meet PayPal Buyer Protection case standards
Meeting the above qualifies an Australian eBay seller into PowerSeller status. PowerSellers must also meet the following requirements:
- Be registered with eBay for at least 90 days
- Have an account in good standing
- Maintain a positive Feedback of 98% or higher over the past 12 months
- Follow all eBay policies
- Have a minimum of 100 transactions and $3,000 USD in sales with Australian buyers over the past 12 months
- Receive at least a 4.40 average from Australian buyers across all 4 detailed seller ratings (DSRs)
- For all transactions with Australian buyers, have no more than 1.00% of transactions with low DSRs (1s or 2s) on item as described, and a maximum of 2.00% of low DSRs on communication, postage time, and postage and handling cost
eBay expects sellers to consistently provide service that results in a high level of buyer satisfaction. A seller's formal obligation is to send the item that was described in the listing and thier informal obligation is to provide good service. Buyer experience is reflected in a seller's Feedback including overall scores and Detailed Seller Ratings.
Feedback Profile, or reputation, is based on the comments and ratings left by other members. For each transaction both parties can choose to rate each other by leaving Feedback. Buyers can leave a positive, negative, or a neutral rating, plus a short comment. Sellers can leave a positive rating and a short comment.
The points are allotted as follows:
- +1 point for each positive rating
- No points for each neutral rating
- -1 point for each negative rating
To find a seller's Feedback ratings, click the number in parentheses next to the seller's user ID.
Detailed Seller Ratings (DSR)
Based on a 1 to 5-star scale the Detail Seller Ratings or DSR's are feedback provided by buyers on their buying experience and the performance of the seller. 5 stars is the highest rating, and 1 star is the lowest.
DSR Categories include:
- Item as described - if the item title and description match the item received
- Communication - if the seller addresses any questions or concerns in a professional manner (business days)
- Postage time - the time it takes the seller to mail the item (not time taken to receive item)
- Postage and handling charges - reasonable additional charges for packaging materials, seller’s time and direct costs associated with postage. If the seller provided free postage
- this automatically gives the seller a 5-star rating
To find a seller's Detailed Seller Ratings, click the number in parentheses next to the seller's user ID.
Information sourced from eBay.com.au Help pages.