Tick All the Boxes for What A Mum Needs
New mums and some mums for the second time often ask "which baby stroller is the best", be it in stroller and pram forums or on baby websites. And the answer, in general, remains the same: "what are you wanting in a stroller?". Surprisingly, the response to this question invariably includes a list of requirements that all good stoller manufacturers need to look at (and luckily for us most leading brands do).
In no particular order or preference the list of what most mums need in a stroller includes:
- to be suitable from newborn and up
- be lightweight
- have a small folded size i.e. when collapsed
- 4 wheels
- large storage basket
- be narrow to push through checkouts, shop ailses
- easy to steer
A secondary list that is proving to be a big factor for many mums is that the stroller must have
- an adjustable handle (for the taller partner or carer)
- toddler seat or buggy board option
- choice of optional extras (including drink holder, snack tray, footmuff, umbrella
- material to be easily cleaned (machine washable fabrics that don't shrink!)
Which Strollers Make the Grade?
Looking at the list of requirements we compared the top-rated brands and found the following models that tick all the boxes.
- Bee - compact, lightweight and maneuverable.
- Cameleon³ - 3-in-1, all-terrain, 3rd generation.
- Baby Jogger
- City Mini - lightweight mobility with style. Including simple one step quick-fold technology.
- City Select - for parents on the grow. Includes quick-fold technology.
- Peg Perego
- Pliko Switch Compact - reversible stroller, maneuverable, compact umbrella folding. Transforms as baby grows.
- Smart - complete compact stroller system.
- Acclaim Reverse Handle - security, safety and peace of mind.
|Newborn Up To||17kg||17kg||22kg||20kg||15kg||15kg||17kg|